The kingdom on everyone’s bucket list, Bhutan is nestled in the Eastern Himalayas surrounded by Tibet Autonomous Region of China in the north, the Sikkim state of India and the Chumbi Valley of Tibet in the west, the Arunachal Pradesh state of India in the east, and the state of Assam and North Bengal in the south.
This picturesque country is in South Asia and Thimphu is its capital and largest city, Phuntsholing is its financial center and Paro it’s gateway to the world with its only international airport.
- Paro: 2195m above sea level
- Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s nest): 3120m above sea level
- Thimphu: 2334m above sea level
- Dochula Pass: 3100m above sea level
- Punakha: 1200m above sea level