Paro, Thimphu & Punakha | 5 Star Accommodation | Minimum 2 persons
- Package Options
- Trip Outline
- Includes / Excludes
Day 01: Arrive at Paro International Airport; transfer to Thimphu
Day 02: Whole day sightseeing in picturesque Thimphu.
Day 03: Travel to Paro; Hike to Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest Monastery)
Day 04: Depart from Paro International Airport
Arrive at Paro International Airport and transfer to ThimphuIf you are arriving on a bright sunny day, your holiday begins with the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges from the windows of your aircraft, where you’ll be greeted by Mt. Everest and Mt. Kanchenjunga, and our very own Mt. Jomolhari. Upon arrival you’ll be received by our friendly professional representatives who will help you settle into your comfortable luxury transport and will drive you to Thimphu. While on the way to the capital city, you will visit Tachogang Lhakhang and Chunzom bridge. Tachog or Tachogang Lhakhang is located along Paro-Thimphu highway, just after Isuna village and before Chuzom, on the base of a mountain across the Pa Chu River. Chuzom means river confluence. The confluence here forms with Paro River and Thimphu River. The bridge on this confluence connects four districts of Paro, Haa, Chhukha and Thimphu. You will also be able to see three Stupas, built in Bhutanese and Tibetan style at Chuzom. From this bridge, it is 31 km to Thimphu, 24 km to Paro and 141 km to Phuntsholing, a border town of Bhutan with India. We will transfer you to our partner hotel upon arrival and after refreshments or rest for a while you can explore the city in the evening/night. Stay overnight in in your hotel in Thimphu.
Whole day sightseeing in picturesque ThimphuYour second day in Bhutan now comes with a visit to the National Memorial Chorten (stupa) right after breakfast. National Memorial Chorten is a large white structure crowned with a golden spire. It is located close to the center of Thimphu city and is one of its most iconic monuments. After a short visit to this Chhorten, you will visit the Buddha Dordenma. It’s a massive statue of Shakyamuni which measures in at a height of 51.5 meters, making it one of the largest statues of Buddha in the world. The statue is made of bronze and is gilded in gold. 125,000 smaller Buddha statues have been placed within the Buddha Dordenma statue, one hundred thousand 8 inch tall and twenty five thousand 12 inch tall statues respectively. After your visit to Buddha Dordenma, you will visit the National Folk Heritage Museum and National Institute of Zorig Chusum(school of 13 traditional arts and crafts). National Folk Heritage Museum – also known as the Phelchey Toenkhyim, the museum is a complete living example of the Bhutanese rural life. Back to the city, stop at one of our select, top-rated restaurants for lunch and after lunch visit the Motithang Takin Preserve, Tashichhodzong and Craft Bazar. Takin is the National Animal of Bhutan. Motithang Takin Preserve is located at a short distance up the road towards BBS tower. It is a trail leading to a large fenced enclosure that was originally established as a zoo. After a visit to Takin Preserve, you will descend towards a beautiful valley where you will see a beautifully built big structure located along the Thimphu river and it’s a Tashichho Dzong. Tashichho Dzong - meaning the fortress of the glorious religion houses the office and throne of the present king along with the Central monastic Body and Administrative offices. After spending around an hour in the Dzong, drive towards the Authentic Bhutanese Crafts Bazar. The Authentic Bhutanese Crafts Bazaar, also known as the handicraft market of Thimphu, is a perfect place to get a glimpse inside the art and craft of Bhutan. Stay overnight in your hotel in Thimphu.
Travel to Paro; Hike to Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest Monastery)After your leisurely breakfast at your hotel, you will travel to Paro and upon reaching there, you will first visit Paro Ta Dzong, the national museum of Bhutan. After a visit to Ta Dzong, go to Paro town and have lunch at one of the best restaurants in Paro. After the lunch, visit the one of the most revered sites of Bhutan, the Paro Taktsang Monastery. It is Bhutan’s most iconic landmark and religious site. The name Taktsang translates to “The Tiger’s Nest”. This intriguing temple clings impossibly to a sheer cliff face 900 hundred meters above the Paro Valley. No trip to Bhutan would be complete without a visit to this remarkable heritage site. You may stay to meditate at the monastery before making your way back. Have your dinner back in the town and enjoy walking around and interacting with the local people. Stay overnight in in your hotel in Paro.
Depart from Paro International AirportAfter breakfast at your hotel, proceed to the Paro International Airport for your onward journey.
- 5 Star Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Local Transport
- Tour Guide (Multi-lingual)
- Government Fees : Government Royalty Fees + Visa Fees + Sightseeing Fees
- Tipping to guides and drivers
- Tshechu surcharge
- Compulsory surcharge for Christmas and New Year’s eve.
- Any Insurance and rescue of any form.
- Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control.
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost.
- Any international air fare/airport taxes not mentioned above.
- Hotel surcharges during festival period.
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any airfare for domestic flights other than the quoted details.
- Any cost of the meals other than the one indicated in room meal plan.
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- In order to confirm a reservation please make a 25% non-refundable deposit immediately on confirmation of all services and balance of payment 60 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation outside 60 days will result in loss of deposit.
- Reserve the right to cancel all services booked should full payment not be received 60 days prior to date of arrival.
Important General Notes
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation.
- Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you. Mezmer Journeys is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements Mezmer Journeys can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on both domestic/scheduled or charter flights.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by Mezmer Journeys.
- Mezmer Journeys cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Dietary Requirements: All dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise us of any specific dietary requirements that you may have and these will be communicated through to the respective establishment.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. The thumb rule is USD 20 per person per day each for the Guide and Driver. However if you are extremely pleased by the services the maximum limit is at your discretion.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hrs Check-out time 1200 hrs (noon).
- Rates include only those items / services specified in the quote above.
- Prices are subject to change as per Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
ENTRY / VISA REQUIREMENTS
- As is the case for all international travel, the visitor to Bhutan is required to be in possession of a valid passport and visa. Travelers from all countries need a visa. Visa for Bhutan will be arranged on receipt of the full payment for the tour. At the time of travel the passport on basis of which the Bhutan visa has been issued has to present at the time of boarding check in and at the emigration/immigration checkpoints. Boarding or immigration can be denied if there is a mismatch of passport details mentioned on the visa letter and the passport presented at these checks.
- The passport has to be valid for a minimum of 6 months AFTER the departure date from Bhutan and at least 2 (two) clear pages available in the passport for immigration stamping.