3 Cities | Paro, Thimphu & Punakha | 5 Star Accommodation | Minimum 2 persons
- Package Options
- Trip Outline
- Includes / Excludes
Day 1: Arrive at Paro International Airport; transfer to Thimphu.
Day 2: Whole day sightseeing in picturesque Thimphu.
Day 3: Travel to Paro; half day sightseeing in Paro
Day 4: Hike to Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest Monastery).
Day 5: Depart from Paro International Airport.
Arrive at Paro International Airport and transfer to ThimphuYour journey into Bhutan starts with your Druk Air or Bhutan Airlines flight into Paro International airport. As the flight approaches Bhutan, enjoy spectacular views of the Himalayan ranges, including the Jhomolhari (7314m) and Jichu Drake (6794m), the loftiest peaks of Bhutan. On arrival, you will be received by your Mezmer Journeys guide who will be with you throughout the rest of your stay in Bhutan. Then drive to Thimphu; your first stop will be at picturesque Tachog Lhakhang, the hereditary place of worship for Bhutan's Iron Bridge Builder. You will then drive to Chuzom and witness the confluence of Paro Chu or Paro river and the Wang Chu or Wang river, marked by 3 chortens or stupas of different styles, built to serve as protectors of evil. The evening is kept free for you to take in the local culture and flavours, giving you time to acclimatise. Stroll through the market and mingle with the local people and indulge in some shopping. Stay overnight in a hotel in Thimphu.
Half day sightseeing in Thimphu and travel to PunakhaStart your day with a visit to National Memorial Chorten, a stupa dedicated to world peace and prosperity in 1974 in memory of the Third King of Bhutan; the National Institute of Zorig Chusum where students undergo training course in Bhutan's 13 traditional arts and crafts; Folk Heritage Museum which will provide an insight into traditional Bhutanese farm house and rural past through exhibits and documentation of rural life. Then stop at one of our selected local restaurants for lunch. After the lunch start your journey to Punakha and stop at one of the the most spectacular mountain passes called Dochu La (3050m), on a clear day, snow-capped eastern Himalayan ranges are a beautiful sight, stretching for about 25km The pass is also home to the Druk Wangyal Chorten, or 108 stupas built by the eldest Queen Mother. On the way to Punakha, visit Chimi Lhakhang, well known by all the travelers as the temple of fertility. Chimi Lhakhang is located on a hillock below the Metshina–Punakha road, it was built in 1499 by the cousin of Lama Drukpa Kunley in his honour after the lama subdued the Demoness of the nearby Dochu La with his ‘magic thunderbolt of wisdom’. Stay overnight in a hotel in Punakha
Half day sightseeing in Punakha and travel to ParoEnjoy a leisurely breakfast at your hotel, and proceed to visit the imposing fortress, the Punakha Dzong at the confluence of Pho Chhu and Mo Chhu rivers. Built in 1637, this beautiful structure boasts of some intricate artwork and is the winter residence of the Chief Abbot Je Khempo. Next, travel to Paro spend the rest of the day exploring the valley. Visit Paro Ta Dzong, the national museum of Bhutan. Lunch will be in Paro town at one of our local restaurants where you can savor authentic Bhutanese fare. After lunch, visit Drukgyel Dzong and Rinpung Dzongs which are located 14 kms from Paro town. The Rinpung Dzong is a stunning structure, visible from most parts of the valley.Formerly the meeting hall for the National Assembly, it now hosts both the monastic body and district government offices, including the local courts. After visit to Rinpung Dzong, you can explore the town and indulge in some shopping. Stay the night at a hotel in Paro.
Hike to Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest Monastery)Visit the one of the most revered sites of Bhutan, the Paro Taktsang Monastery. It is Bhutan’s most iconic landmark and religious site. The name Taktsang translates to “The Tiger’s Nest”. This intriguing temple clings impossibly to a sheer cliff face 900 hundred meters above the Paro Valley. No trip to Bhutan would be complete without a visit to this remarkable heritage site. Have your lunch back in the town and enjoy walking around this quaint town and interact with the local people. Stay overnight in in your hotel in Paro.
Depart from Paro International AirportEnjoy your breakfast at the hotel and proceed to the Paro International Airport to depart Bhutan.
- 5 Star Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Local Transport
- Tour Guide (Multi-lingual)
- Government Fees : Government Royalty Fees + Visa Fees + Sightseeing Fees
- Tipping to guides and drivers
- Tshechu surcharge
- Compulsory surcharge for Christmas and New Year’s eve.
- Any Insurance and rescue of any form.
- Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control.
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost.
- Any international air fare/airport taxes not mentioned above.
- Hotel surcharges during festival period.
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Any airfare for domestic flights other than the quoted details.
- Any cost of the meals other than the one indicated in room meal plan.
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- In order to confirm a reservation please make a 25% non-refundable deposit immediately on confirmation of all services and balance of payment 60 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation outside 60 days will result in loss of deposit.
- Reserve the right to cancel all services booked should full payment not be received 60 days prior to date of arrival.
Important General Notes
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning, should there be any increases in Park Fees, Fuel, Sales Tax or VAT, third party services, or any other circumstances beyond our control in the regions featured in this quote/booking.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, surname, name and initial (as indicated in their passport). As this applies to both scheduled and charter flights we would be grateful if you could provide us with this information at the time of confirmation.
- Your internal flights have been organized by us. While we take the maximum care to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for you. Mezmer Journeys is not responsible for the fitness of the carriers or the safety standards of the carrier company.
- In order to comply with International Insurance requirements Mezmer Journeys can only reserve seats, be it on a provisional or confirmed basis, on both domestic/scheduled or charter flights.
- Please note that fares may increase between time of booking, time of payment and the ticket being issued. Any costs incurred due to amendments will not be borne by Mezmer Journeys.
- Mezmer Journeys cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights on certain routings or change scheduled timetables, resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary we will re-quote you accordingly.
- Dietary Requirements: All dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise us of any specific dietary requirements that you may have and these will be communicated through to the respective establishment.
- Gratuities: Tipping is at your discretion. The thumb rule is USD 20 per person per day each for the Guide and Driver. However if you are extremely pleased by the services the maximum limit is at your discretion.
- Hotel Check-In 1400 hrs Check-out time 1200 hrs (noon).
- Rates include only those items / services specified in the quote above.
- Prices are subject to change as per Government / Hotel / Airline policy without prior notice.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
ENTRY / VISA REQUIREMENTS
- As is the case for all international travel, the visitor to Bhutan is required to be in possession of a valid passport and visa. Travelers from all countries need a visa. Visa for Bhutan will be arranged on receipt of the full payment for the tour. At the time of travel the passport on basis of which the Bhutan visa has been issued has to present at the time of boarding check in and at the emigration/immigration checkpoints. Boarding or immigration can be denied if there is a mismatch of passport details mentioned on the visa letter and the passport presented at these checks.
- The passport has to be valid for a minimum of 6 months AFTER the departure date from Bhutan and at least 2 (two) clear pages available in the passport for immigration stamping.